Monday, November 25, 2013

Nov 25 Grateful for recorded memories of Madie

Today I am grateful for family, friends and acquaintances who have taken the time to send memories of Madie.  I treasure each one of them. Much of Madie's life she was at school, studying, or other events.  I am grateful when I learn of some of the things she did as she grew and matured.

A favorite memory of mine...


I can't look at this picture without fond memories with Madie and Cami Hogan (Madie's best friend who captured many of our treasured photos of Madie)  It was Dec 28,2011 Cami had gotten a new camera for Christmas and  had wanted to do some experimenting with natural sunlight so we took lots of pictures that day with Madie in different outfits, some of which she had just gotten for Christmas.  This outfit was a favorite of hers from what became her last Christmas. 
 I remember distinctly Cami getting so excited when she captured this picture of her.  She exclaimed "Oh my gosh, I just got some amazing pictures and the lighting was perfect!" Madie and I rushed over and looked.   We were so excited!

 Every time I look at the pictures from that photo shoot I remember fondly the day, and some interesting outfit changes that created some hysterical moments. 
We were in an abandoned strip center that had never been completed and had lots of graffiti on the walls.  There wasn't any place to change outfits and Madie was very self conscious of changing even though it was a bit remote.  Each time we told her "Madie no one is here", and she quickly modestly was trying to change her outfit, but very uncomfortable.  
All of a sudden Madie exclaimed, "Look people!!!"  we turned around and over on the other side of the area where we were, some guys were coming in to do a photo shoot as well.  Madie was dying! I have never seen her so completely mortified!  Cami and I were laughing so hysterically that I wasn't sure if my bladder would hold! She was so mad! 
 So many memories from that day...
 here are some of the pictures Cami captured.
The infamous outfit 







I am grateful for the shopping trips to buy the clothes, the photo shoots that Madie loved to do, and that Madie invited me to come along on this adventure, because 
    When someone you love becomes a memory,
              their memory becomes a treasure....  

 To finish off  I wanted to share a link of memories from family members  from my blog post "Hero's all around us"   

No comments:

Post a Comment