Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Family pulls together...another milestone down....

Mother's Day was as close to perfect as this year could have been under the circumstances.  I am coming to appreciate the depth of kindness that exudes from each of my children and husband.  Saturday evening at Alicia's with children  and spouses (minus Taylor and MarShae... I guess China and Prom won out)
                                
                                       Taylor in China With Young Ambassadors

Yes he is jumping...Oh my.... Not sure how I feel about that... 
                                     excited, concerned, hopeful..
     
                                         Hayden and MarShae Squeaky Clean Prom


                                Once upon a time... a tree started to grow...
                             


Early Sunday Morning surprise...
                             Cheesecake for Breakfast.. What???


   
Yes Madie things have changed;  Dramatically!



                   Supported by my beautiful daughters... We made it through church...



                            Beautiful flowers from my sweet granddaughter Laura, 


She told me in a very matter of fact voice, that her mom bought these for me because I miss my daughter


                                           Say Cheese..or not..


                              The men take over the kitchen....                



                                                  I hope this is right...

                                   
                            It was fantastic... 
                 
  My adorable grand kids saw a  Gingerbread house kit in the pantry and thought that would be fun... 

                         I know we are still a bit confused around our house...


Laura will be making Mother's day dinner before long.. 


  No wonder they weren't hungry when we ate dinner


                          Bon appetit.... It was delicious



  Larry had also heard me mention that I wanted some 
cheesecake (a slice) from "The Cheesecake Factory"                                                            
                                        so....


               Here's # 2....Nice to know people were listening.... 

                  One in the freezer to share on Madie's birthday next week...


                                       Music and Singing around the piano..


                                  Evelyn's on top of the entertainment!

Long forgotten Photos
                               My sweet daughter's made me this photo collage

                            I received letter's from each of my children,

timeless...


 Feeling really loved,  I recieved one last surprise, late Sunday night... 

                                a phone call from a special missionary....

 He was given special permission to call us.   I had earlier thought about how much I wished I could talk today to my 2 children who are serving missions right now, Taylor in China, Madie in Heaven.  I knew Heavely Father was aware of this before I had even thought of it.  It was so great to hear his voice again..

I am also very grateful that so many individuals reached out to help me get through this day with thoughtful messages, plus a beautiful blog post Written by Bailee that I have added to my blog.  

Now to figure out Madie's birthday in a few days.... 

.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you remember me...but I was Karen Esplin's roommate at Dixie. I wore the yellow dress in the rainbow line! I saw that you had sent Karen birthday wishes...and I wondered what the best friend/orange bridesmaid was up to! I am sooo sorry to hear about the passing of your daughter and the circumstances surrounding it. May the Lord bless you and your family. It's comforting to know of eternal families...and the great mission she is now serving.
    God bless you,
    Ann Mitchell
    (yellow bridesmaid)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember you Ann... Thank you for your kind words <3

      Delete