Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dear Mom....

                                                                                                                         

     Oh how I wish I could have a conversation with you..



I wish you could see my children and what good friends they are.... How they support and love each other..


I wish you were here to see how much MarShae loves your time period... Her dress reminds me of the style of  your wedding dress....

I remember us designing dresses for me and working on them together...Thank you for your persistence in teaching me to sew...

                My wedding dress that we spent the Christmas holiday making before I was married .



You were the queen of sewing... It is hard for me to imagine that you made everything that we were wearing in this family photo except the white shirts and ties... (Yes she made all the suits!)

How nice it would be to have you help me get through this darkest of times in my life... so many questions I would love to have you help me with...
 I'd want you to tell me about death and what that feels like... ask you about life, and why it's so difficult at times... lean on your guidance to help me find my way through this experience.... ask you about your regrets, what you would have done differently, if you knew what you know now..



I recently went back to the house that was built by dad and grandpa the year I was born.. Thanks for teaching me to work hard through your example.  I still marvel that you bought the materials during the day pregnant with me and two little boys, so dad and grandpa could work on it when they came home at night...It is still standing although it was sad to see all the trees, grass and your rose garden are gone .... I remember how you loved your rose bushes...

I also visited the St. George Temple with Larry, and found roses everywhere...I couldn't help but remember that Larry and I were married in the same room as both of our parents were.


                                                                    LAST OF ALL...

How nice it would be to have you hold me, to hear you say that you love me, that you believe in me and know I can do this... 

I would cherish the wisdom that life gave to you and would ask you about how your family got through losing your sisters...

Most of all I would thank you for all you taught me, personal sacrifices made, and for loving me through all my triumphs and the mistakes I made.

I love you Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment