Friday, December 13, 2013

Day 4 and 5 experiences with my 17 second experiment...Real time applications!

Dec 12, Day 4
I decided that I was going Christmas shopping something I didn't think 5 days ago I would do this year.


 Madie loved shopping!  
I decided to take Madie (mentally as my helper) and I went to some of her favorite shops. Treasured memories came to mind but I was very careful to stay in my happy thoughts. 

Reminiscing...
Oh how excited she was the day I bought this blouse for her!
I will never forget when she showed it to  me and told me how much she loved it. She loved the fabric because it was so soft and the detailing was exquisite!
 I told her "what the heck, go ahead and try it on."
We both loved it!
I splurged and she was beyond thrilled! 
 I am so grateful for this treasured memory with her, and this photo that Cami captured of her. 

Back to yesterday's shopping...
I decided to enjoy the moments and have fun finding things for people I love.  A dear friend met me for a few hours and we had so much fun brainstorming together.   Even so there were a few moments I had to immediately divert
 I stumbled into a Christmas gift of "coincidence" with a girl checking me out of a large transaction. As we were visiting I mentioned something about Madie and how much she loved this store. She already knew my last name and said, "I know some of your children because of mutual friends." She actually knew the person I had asked her opinion on for a gift because she looked to be about the same age, and we had a good laugh about that.   This girl, that was a complete stranger moments before told me she had been thinking about our family and praying for us. 
There are no such things as coincidences! I felt blessed!

Dec13 Day 5
I woke with a slight headache this morning and decided to list things I was grateful for and see if I could redirect my head. I thought "wow day 5 and I am getting a curveball thrown my way."   Those that know me well know that migraines, and headaches ruled many years of my life.  So when the first thought this morning was, darn my head hurts, I instantly thought redirect.  I wanted to experiment with this obstacle.  
I focused a prayer on gratitude, drank my quart of water with electrolytes (something I have found helps me) and soon was teaching my early morning piano student.  I focused on loving her, and how she has worked to overcome  many obstacles.  ( I could write a whole blog post on this little miracle girl) I found when I was finished with my lesson my head had improved but was still lingering, and decided to redirect to facebook.  As I was scrolling I came across the video that I posted below and decided to watch it.  By the time it was over I felt a joy inside and the headache had completely dissipated, gone!  
Talk about a multiplication factor on the 17 second redirect!  This was a spiral in a very positive direction.

 I reclaimed my day and I'm so grateful for the amazing redirect, that I decided to share it and write about it. 
 Watch this and enjoy another gift from me this Christmas Season. Love y'all from Texas! 
 http://chicksontheright.com/posts/item/25085-westjet-might-be-the-best-marketing-story-of-the-year


No comments:

Post a Comment