Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dec 16,2012   As we walk through this journey of life often things happen that pull the rug out from under us. Illness, financial difficulties, problems in relationships, accidents, disappointments in so many forms... It is part of the journey to help us learn how to be more like our Savior Jesus Christ... We can call these things many things. Obstacles, challenges, trials, tests of faith, and it would and could be a good way to assess the situation.... We can also look at these things through different eyes... God's eyes, for he is always on our team! God is for us, never against us! As hard as it can be some days, I choose to look at this painfully difficult experience as an opportunity. I know... strange choice of words, but it seems like it puts this in a different light... He isn't testing me or trying me... he wants me to succeed, and hopes I will lean on him and my Savior Jesus Christ, allowing him to teach me ....... As I let this experience go through my very core, may I have the courage to accept it and know he won't leave me alone, he hasn't yet, and won't as long as I continue to turn to him, allowing him to carry me through this unimaginable lose.. He is for me and wants me to take this opportunity and grow... learn... stretch... and witness of his love for all his children. I know that he knows our thoughts and each of us personally. 

May Christmas take on a little different meaning this year... I know it has for us... it is hard to imagine ever having the same thoughts or concerns at Christmas again... what I wouldn't give to have one more hour with 
Madeline Morris ~ to talk, laugh and hold her... to have one more late night walk, and just talk about the happenings of her day...to hear her sing once more and bust out laughing...

But... "Sometimes people leave you... halfway through the woods" and those opportunities are lost forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment