Sunday, January 12, 2014

January brings blessings

This past week has been personally amazing! 

 I have been involved in Klein High's musical as I have mentioned before, and there is something magical for me personally to be able to help with their production and get to know many of the students and spend time with the instructors. 
(a few members of the cast and crew)

 I have come to appreciate what devoted service the directors offer as they give up their spare time during musical season tutoring students from so many different backgrounds, abilities and needs.

First rehearsal with the orchestra

I also was able to be a part of my grand daughter Laura's baptism that I watched my son Ryan perform, another milestone in my life. 

 I ask myself repeatedly how I am old enough to be having these experiences? 
 Laura was so happy and it was a wonderful time with her and her family.  
Both of these activities were part of what I knew I had to look forward to, but was caught completely by surprise when a dear friend decided this week to honestly investigate my religion and began meeting with the missionaries.  This is the first time I have been a part of something like this.  The joy I feel to know I played a part in her journey and to see her joy as she feels like so much of it makes sense.  Witnessing the spirit confirm truth to her has been a treasured experience.  
I was able to attend a discussion with the missionaries at her home this week. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning witnessing her excitement.  

I attended church with her today in the ward she lives in and was able to hear a friend of our family, speak about his experiences from his mission.  He served in the Bronx and Manhattan and to see the change in him was amazing. He spoke about diligence, patience and faith. He shared a few incredible stories where he learned these principles.  

He ended with a quote that Taylor shared when he returned from his mission.  I have had it on a door in our home  since Taylor returned  a few years ago. It is something I like to review often.


"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed.  The dye has been cast.  The decision has been made.  I have stepped over the line.  I won’t look back, let up, slow down, or be still .
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future, is secure.  I’m finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees,colorless dreams,tainted visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.  I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded.  I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer and labor with power.
My face is set, my gait is fast my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear.  I can not be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed.  I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, spoken for the cause of Christ.  I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.  I must go ‘till He comes, give ‘till I drop, preach ‘till aIl know, and work ‘till He stops me. And when he returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear."

Happy Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment