Sunday, July 28, 2013

Taylor Memories... Happy Birthday

Twenty four years ago right about now I was welcoming a new baby boy into our family, Taylor Adam Morris.  I should have known from the events around his birth that he was a boy with a strong will yet a gentle quietness about him.  He wasn't too thrilled with his arrival and wanted to stay a bit longer inside but because of some issues I was having he was induced 2 weeks early.  He had hair that stood straight up regardless of how many times his sister Rachelle would wet it and comb it down.  It was also very dark, but faded to blond as it grew longer. 
 He was a boy ready for adventure

 and did things that always surprised me like riding a 2 wheeler bicycle without training wheels at the age of three.
 Yes he was determined to do anything Sterling could do so he took to the bike very easily, always following in his big brother's footsteps...
I love this picture Sterling put together of the two of them

 Taylor showed his artistic abilities at a very young age, but I will leave those details out of this post. 
 He also was a natural gymnast and showed us how incredibly strong he was despite the fact that there wasn't an ounce of fat on his body.

 He was my baby for almost 5 years and had a very sweet caring side.

 On one occasion we were driving home from someplace and I looked at him in the backseat and told him I needed to cut his hair.  I was pregnant with Madie and was really tired when I got home so took a nap.  Taylor wanting to help decided to cut his own hair.  When his father asked him why he did it before I had even seen it he responded, " Mommy was tired and I wanted to help her so I cut it myself".  It wasn't the end to Taylor and his personal haircuts and styles.  One day he decided he wanted to bleach his hair when he was 11 or 12 and got in my hair products and did it himself.  It was a big surprise when we saw his new hair color.  He has always felt that he could figure out or learn how to do whatever he wanted to, a trait he comes by fairly naturally I guess.
  As he got older he enjoyed singing and participated in Choir from 6th grade through his freshman year of college..  He also was in the musicals at Klein and was  thrilled to play Curly in Oklahoma his Senior year.
  He served a mission to Montana and Wyoming learning many things, but also realizing how cold some places can be. 
 He has followed his passion for singing into his college experiences and has loved his experiences with Young Ambassadors.

All of these memories plus countless others have brought many smiles and joy to my heart.  I am grateful to be called mom by him and wish him a better year this year, as he embarks on his life with Bailee. 

 Even though there were many great highlights last year,
 it was also one of great personal challenges.

  I love you Taylor,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment